[mythtv-users] Adding 'Load "v4l"' to my xorg.conf file causes the xserver not to start on reboot

thunderducks thunderducks at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:05:47 UTC 2005

Hoping someone can kick a newb in the right direction - I'm at my wits
end here!  I'm doing a fresh install following Jarod's guide (with the
exception of loading the nvidia 7167 drivers) - anyway, I have the FC3
loaded and updated and have gone through the process of installing the
latest NVidia drivers - everything looks great until I add the line:
load "v4l" to my xorg.conf file. With that line in there, when I
restart the xserver it hangs and eventually comes back saying it can't
start the x server.  Log files aren't indicating anything wrong.  When
I comment ou the load "v4l" line, everything loads beautifully.
So as I said, I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I have a funny
feeling that if I don't get it to load the video 4 linux, I'm going to
regret it later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Kent