[mythtv-users] remote control a mythtv box

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Sat Mar 19 14:10:20 UTC 2005

how about lirc over IP?

--Khanh

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Juergen Sachs
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:02 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] remote control a mythtv box

Hi group,

I want to controll my mythtv box remotly over ethernet.
Is there a "protocoll" to controll a mythtv box remotly using a tcp or
udp connection from an other system.

My mythtv box is placed in an other room, and I want to controll it from
my controll system already present in the living room. The only possible
connection is an existing ethernet connection.

Maybe there is a way to "simulate" keypresses ? Or even better a remote
controll protocoll to say play the currently selected item, go up in the
menu and so on.

Hope someone here has a good tip for me.

Juergen

--
Juergen Sachs <juergen-sachs at gmx.de>