[mythtv-users] DVB EIT/EPG

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:22:58 UTC 2005

Having restarted a few times things seemed to have improved, maybe
there was something a little screwy about that inital run.

One recurring issue i'm still having is that a few channels (e.g.
channel 5, BBC Three, The Hits, Sky News) are only getting guide data
for up to 3 days ahead instead of the expected 7/8 days. I know guide
data should be available further ahead (tv_grab_dvb received it, as
does my set-top-box).

I presume this has something to do with the mux that the guide data is
coming from, i.e. maybe some muxes only transmit abbreviated guide
data, whilst others (e.g. BBC) transmit the full data? If this is the
case, how can I set which mux is being used to get guide data?

Steve