[mythtv-users] log files too big

Mary Strimel mstrimel at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 22:50:56 UTC 2005

hi,
I have a smallish root filesystem (7 GB or so), and the mythbackend.log
files are quickly filling my disk.  I have not installed myth-debug; also,
when I go through the "setup" there is an option for logging that is
*unchecked* on my system.  In a moment of haste (or stupidity) I deleted two
of the largest log files and bolloxed my mythtv completely.

once I've done reinstalling it, is there some way to safely purge these
files, or better yet, have them not created in the first place (or created
somewhere else?)

thank you,
Mary