[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M

Örn Einar Hansen orn_hansen at thalamus.nu
Sun Mar 20 02:13:22 UTC 2005

Şann Laugardagur 19 mars 2005 20:03 skrifaği Torsten Schenkel:
> > Live TV only requires that one frame be read while another frame is
> > being displayed.
>
> It requires one stream to be read from the card, compressed and written
> to disk, read from disk, decompressed and displayed.

  I'm assuming, that the reason there's a "encoding" and "decoding" being done
for LiveTV, is to create one "read" mechanism for all cards and minimize the
need for drivers?  I kinda find the mechanism an overkill, when all I'm doing
is doing LiveTV.

  Another question, on LiveTV ... some of these cards, are actually equipped
with "output" via S-Video.  Is it possible to use this mechanism as the
"default" Display device.