[mythtv-users] MythTV does not recognize my Twinhan DVB card

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:19:03 UTC 2005

You need to: modprobe dvb-bt8xx to get the devices to appear (but do
this at the end as you need to do the following 1st)

You' also need to

/usr/sbin/groupadd video
/usr/sbin/usermod -G video mythtv
Add the following to the end of: /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions
# DVB devices
dvb/*:$local:video:0660
dvb:$local:video:0660
dvb/adapter*:$local:video:0660

The devices should now have the right perms too.

You might need to add the modprobe to a start script to get them to
appear at boot.

my 2 pence worth

greg