[mythtv-users] FX 5500 nvidia card vs. PVR-350 card for output to TV?

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Sun Mar 20 15:19:27 UTC 2005

> I have also noticed that music still goes out the computers audio ports
> and not over the PVR-350's audio channels.  I suspect the same would
> happen when trying to play a video or use xine or myplayer to play a
> DVD.  That would not be very good.

I have the output of the pvr-350 as line-in to the sound card, then all
the audio (music and recordings alike) eventually go out through the
sound card.

> I have to say though that over all I am pleased.  I am starting to look
> for a second encoder card, probably a PVR-250, so that some of the
> conflicts in the recording menus will be taken care of.

I run this setup now and the flexibility is very nice.

I do have the lockups that were mentioned, but they only appeared when I
upgraded to Myth 0.17 and IVTV 0.2rc3, I'm really hoping they go away
soon - very annoying.