[mythtv-users] Hardware questions for a MythTV-box

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:27:44 UTC 2005

I just bought this card and loaded it into my box.  aplay island.wav
plays island.wav over the optical spdif as expected.  However, mythtv
does not actually give me sound.  Furthermore, if I watch Live TV in
myth, and try to aplay island.wav at the same time I  get:

haanm at tibeaux haanm $ aplay island.wav
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1172:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
failed: Device or resource busy
aplay: main:508: audio open error: Device or resource busy

Which seems to indicate that something (mythtv) is using that
resource.  What gives?  I've specified ALSA:spdif in myth, and do not
have AC3 passthrough checked.  Little help here.......