[mythtv-users] Turtle Beach, SPDIF and odd MythTV Behavior

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:34:22 UTC 2005

I'm using the optical SPDIF out of a new Turtle Beach Riveiera sound
card.  Everything works over this jack - except watching live tv.

WORKS:
aplay island.wav
aplay --device=spdif island.wav
watching a dvd through MythDVD (with xine)
playing back a previously recorded tv show

DOESN'T WORK:
Watch TV

I've specified ALSA:spdif as the sound device.  I'm not using the
internal volume controls, and I have not checked "Enable AC3 to SPDIF
passthrough".  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?