[mythtv-users] Epia M: LiveTV blank

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sun Mar 20 21:12:40 UTC 2005

On Sunday 20 Mar 2005 20:40, Bill Weir wrote:
> Can someone point me in the right direction? Reviewing the users thread I
> don't see an answer to this.
>
> I'm trying to get MythTV to work on an Epia-M client with Unichrome HW MPEG
> accelleration, with the video feed on a separate backend. When I pull up
> LiveTV I get a blank screen. I can ESC out of it, and when I go to exit out
> of mythfrontend, it won't let me exit. I want to be able to hit LiveTV and
> see live TV. I know it's possible (not a backend problem) because I tried
> installing MythTV 0.17 from RPM's and it all worked, except I got a frame
> rate of 2 - 3 frames per second (it wasn't using hardware acceleration).

1. Can you try the sample mp2decoder application from the unichrome site, that
will test whether your decoding is working.
2. What hardware are you using.
3. Can you get a "mythfrontend -v all" log for the failing playback.
4. What do you see in the X log when you start playback.

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it