[mythtv-users] Peculiar VisionPlus DVB-T Tuning Problem (UK)

Mark Smith mark at chez-moi.org.uk
Sun Mar 20 21:44:03 UTC 2005

In message <20050320125319.GC14301 at cloud.net.au>
          Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:

> Can you reproduce this with plain tzap?

No tzap can get a lock on the channel fine.

The problem turns out to be that mythtvsetup has created a spurious entry in
dtv_multiplex, with mux 1's frequency but most of the other parameters set to
auto. It also had a correct entry for mux 1 (giving me seven in total instead
of six).

I've no idea why. I went through the tuning process several times, clearing
out the channel data and starting again on a number of occasions.

Rather than delete it (as I suspect that the multiplex id links to entries in
other tables), I've corrected all the parameters so that it is at least
correct and it now all works fine. It has also solved the tuning problems for
that mux on the Avermedia card.

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK
http://www.chez-moi.org.uk/