[mythtv-users] Redefining the shutdown commands

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 06:06:25 UTC 2005

I'm running Mythtv 0.16 frontend on an XBox (but I figure the answer
to this question probably to non-XBox frontends too).

I use my XBox as a gaming platform as well as a MythTV frontend; so
when the XBox is first powered up, it boots into the EvolutionX
dashboard.  Users can then select a "Watch TV with MythTV" option to
boot into Xebian 1.0.3 which auto-loads mythfrontend.

Once the user is finished watching MythTV on mythfrontend, they
usually want to do one of two actions:

Action #1) Shutdown the XBox.
Action #2) Reboot the XBox back to EvoX to play games.

Currently, when you hit ESC from the main menu of the mythfrontend,
you get 3 choices:

Option A) No, cancel shutdown
Option B) Yes, exit MythTV
Option C) Yes, exit and shutdown.

By default, option C will go to action #1.  I redefined the shutdown
command within the mythfrontend general options to send option C to
action #2.

In general action #1 really isn't that useful to me; in my case, there
isn't much the users can or would want to do with an X desktop.  I
would prefer to have option C map to action #1 (as default) and option
B map to action #2.

Is there anyway I can redefine the "Yes, exit MythTV" option to run a command?

Thanks!