[mythtv-users] Modprobe.conf not executing??

Mogens Lunde mail at mogenslunde.dk
Mon Mar 21 13:30:37 UTC 2005

I have the problem that after a boot, the video device /dev/video0 does not
exist. I then restart ivtv manually: "# /sbin/modprobe ivtv", and then the
video device is installed and can be seen with "# ll /dev/video?"

Shouldn't ivtv start automatically based on my settings in modprobe.conf
(see below in email)?

Furthermore, at this moment I can only see a black screen with snow when
recording and seeing Live-TV. This could - I guess - also be explained by
the missing execution of modprobe.conf ?

Finally, I have made some test recordings without ivtv being started. These
recordings appear as titles in the recordings list, but cannot be deleted.
How can I delete these? Mythfrontend seem to be confused and writes a lot of
error lines in the terminal window when trying to locate non-existing files
(there is nothing in /video/recordings).

Thanks
Mogens

alias eth0 tulip
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-via82xx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-via82xx
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
~
"/etc/modprobe.conf" 12L, 553C