[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Mar 21 16:27:04 UTC 2005

>>> "Doug Larrick" <doug at ties.org> 03/21/05 11:11 AM >>>
> I'm hoping I'm using the same keyboard as you are... LiteOn
> AirBoard like this:
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/keyboard/sk7100.asp ?
> My receiver looks a little different than that, but the keyboard is
the
> same.
>
> I will generally put the keyboard and remote on the coffee table,
> which is dark-ish wood, about 3-6 inches apart, IR windows facing
> each other (of course).  Go into learning mode on the MX-500, then
> press and release the key as if I were typing it, not holding it down
at
> all.  The MX-500 may think a bit before flashing "GOOD".  Arrow keys,

> numbers, spacebar, pgup/pgdown, and various letters (M, I, W, A at
> least) work fine.  Like I said, Enter gives me problems.
>
>-Doug

No, I'm using this one: SK-7551

http://www.censuspc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=LITEON-7551B

That may be the difference...$29 is not much to spend to see if it
would resolve my problem.  What do you use instead of enter?  Right
arrow?

I was contemplating going the LIRC route if I couldn't get this to
work.
I do love the fact that I have a nice IR receiver, and a keyboard and
remote that should work over the same interface.  I wonder if the
only difference is the type of keyboard...

Paul