[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Mar 21 16:45:50 UTC 2005

That could be your problem (apparently) as well.  I think that
keyboard (based on some other information I've been able to
dig up) is not up to the task of being learned.  There are some
strange exit codes that learning remotes can't quite capture.

I've looked at them on an IR protocol analyzer, and they are
certainly different from normal IR codes.

Paul

>>> "Michael Haan" <michael.haan at gmail.com> 03/21/05 11:35 AM >>>
I'm using this keyboard:
http://www.smarterdeals.com/BuyNow.aspx?id=238429

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:20:19 -0500, Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>
wrote:
> Sent this to Paul directly because he cc'd me and it went in both
folders.

> PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> >> Really?  Do you hold the key down a long (>1 sec) time, or
> >> does it matter?  Are you doing this in the dark on a dark
> >> surface, or light surface in ambient light?  This is awesome
> >> news, as I've tried a lot of combinations and never gotten
> >> the basic naviation (arrow down, left, up, right, enter, etc.)
> >> to work.  Not to mention my macros.  Now that I hear it can
> >> be done, I'd love to hear the conditions under which you got
> >> it working.
>
> I'm hoping I'm using the same keyboard as you are... LiteOn AirBoard
> like this:
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/keyboard/sk7100.asp ?  My
> receiver looks a little different than that, but the keyboard is the
same.

> I will generally put the keyboard and remote on the coffee table,
which
> is dark-ish wood, about 3-6 inches apart, IR windows facing each
other
> (of course).  Go into learning mode on the MX-500, then press and
> release the key as if I were typing it, not holding it down at all.
The
> MX-500 may think a bit before flashing "GOOD".  Arrow keys, numbers,
> spacebar, pgup/pgdown, and various letters (M, I, W, A at least)
work