[mythtv-users] PVR-250 With Myth-TV WITHOUT IVTV?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Mar 21 17:28:32 UTC 2005

herminio wrote:

> Is there anyway of using Myth-TV WITHOUT the IVTV drivers?  I have a
> PVR-250 with the Conexant CX23416-12 chip.  I'm about to get another
> PVR-Card just so I can use Myth-TV.
>
> Unfortunately, IVTV on SUSE 9.1 Pro has been a living nightmare to get
> working.  When I have to record a program, I just boot into W2K and
> use SageTV, which works flawlessly.

What you're asking is like asking if you can use SageTV without the
Windows 2000 drivers for your card.  Your problem lies with Suse and
IVTV, not MythTV.   I don't know if you've tried, but working with the
IVTV mailing list to resolve your problems with the distribution you
chose would be the route pursue.

Kevin