[mythtv-users] Setting brightness and contrast by card

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:04:25 UTC 2005

I have a master backend running 0.16 with a ATI TV Wonder PCI card in
it (bt8x8).  I have noticed that when it records TV shows, the colours
are washed out and the blacks aren't truly black.

I have read the previous posts about adjusting the brightness settings
through the OSD in the frontend; and also changing the settings on a
per-channel basis through MythWeb.  The problem is that I have a slave
backend with a PVR-250 and it's recordings are perfectly fine; so I
don't want to change the settings for it.

Is there a way for me to adjust the brightness/contrast settings for
the bt8x8 card only?  I tried to search through the list, but it seems
like the most recent postings on this are quite old (possibly relating
to significantly earlier versions of MythTV).

Thanks!