[mythtv-users] OT - FC3 problems following Jarod's Guide

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:20:23 UTC 2005

Shaun Sandlin wrote:
> I'm a bit of a newb...can you tell how to kill MTD please.

Certainly. I'm fairly new myself.

# ps -A | grep mtd

If mtd *is* running, it will have it's process number will be to the
left like this...

7707 pts/5    00:01:24 mtd

... and you can kill it like so:

# kill -9 xxxx

where xxxx is the process. In my case it would be 7707. YMMV.

There are all kinds of references and forums on the net for odds and
ends like this. As excellent as all the various guides out there for
Myth are, they assume that you already have a certain level of knowledge
administering a linux box (and rightfully so). I just googled 'fedora
help forum' and 'linux newbie guide' and both returned many of the
resources I've used.

HTH and welcome to the light side.

--
meatwad