[mythtv-users] Any lightweight window managers that support ALT-TAB functionality?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 22 01:34:44 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 06:58, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> The nice thing about KDE is that I can launch mythfrontend from the
> command line and then ALT-TAB back to it to watch error messages, etc.
>
> Do any of the lightweight window managers have similar functionality?

As part of an effort to eke every last little bit of performance out of my
Athlon XP 1800 to see if I can persuade it to play back 1080i content[1], I
switched back to WindowMaker for its desktop. One of the reasons I'd
abandoned it in the past was alt-tab not bringing terminal windows to the
front, but I guess something recently changed, because now it works.

[1] I should probably just give up and put the spare XP 2600 I have in it, but
where's the fun in that?!? Still need to try my GeForce 6200 again, this time
with the 7127 driver... :-)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com