[mythtv-users] Re: Energy Usage of MythBoxes

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Tue Mar 22 07:01:45 UTC 2005

Well, never imageined that my first post here would be way OT, but I
could not resist here :)

Kelly Grigg wrote:
> Yeah...getting way OT...but, from what I've read...the Kyoto as written,
> could really potentially put the US at a severe disadvantage...and let
> many other countries off the hook like China and India..etc.
>
> It needs to be re-written so as to be more fair in its considerations of
> economies both existing and potential....

If you only consider economy: You are right, since many of the
industries in the US pollute (CO2 term) the environment as 30 years
before, e.g. no extra filtering.

But since the US are the world's top CO2 producer, not only in terms of
total amount, but also per head, any treaty without the US in this
sector is relatively useless (in 2002 the US produced/polluted Earth
with as much CO2 as China and Russia together). As long as only
economics counts, Kyoto includes severe disadvantages, but if the US
(governments) keep on being stubborn, in a few decades, probably we all
have to pay the price for it and have larger problems than thinking
about economy.

OK, I'll leave it to this and conclude with:

Thank you, for all the work on MythTV (I just installed it last week)
and if I run into problems, I'll ask them here.

Carsten