[mythtv-users] Mythbackend CPU usage when running low on diskspace

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:04:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:19:55 -0800 (PST), Howard Cokl
<hojoloco at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Every
> > time I run low on HD
> > space on my video partition ( < 4 GB left ),
> > mythbackend will start
> > eating up a lot of CPU resources.

> Is this happening when watching live TV?  Is your
> ringbuffer on the same partition?  What is the
> ringbuffer size?

I'm not in front of my mythbox right now, so I can't tell the size,
but it is on the same partition and it might very well be around 2 GB.

I hardly ever use live TV mode, though. I think, it happened at least
once when I hadn't watched any live TV since the last reboot. Does
myth still reserve space for the ringbuffer  in that case? If so, that
might be the culprit.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Jens