[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:06:38 UTC 2005

> Speaking of which, has anybody done up the configuration files to
> make the multimedia keys on the lite-on send codes and then we can
> use them in myth?

Why would you need to?  You can use the receiver that came with the
keyboard that plugs into the mouse and keyboard PS/2 ports.  This
doesn't even require LIRC to run (and I always had to restart my
frontend after a day or so because it would stop receiving remote
commands).  Now, I just the IR receiver that came with the keyboard,
mucho excellente!  The only valid reason I could see you *might* want
to do this is if you had multiple frontends and couldn't move the IR
Receiver that came with the keyboard to each machine.

Matt