[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed Mar 23 02:14:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:06:38PM -0600, Matt wrote:
> > Speaking of which, has anybody done up the configuration files to
> > make the multimedia keys on the lite-on send codes and then we can
> > use them in myth?
>
> Why would you need to?  You can use the receiver that came with the
> keyboard that plugs into the mouse and keyboard PS/2 ports.  This
> doesn't even require LIRC to run (and I always had to restart my
> frontend after a day or so because it would stop receiving remote
> commands).  Now, I just the IR receiver that came with the keyboard,
> mucho excellente!  The only valid reason I could see you *might* want
> to do this is if you had multiple frontends and couldn't move the IR
> Receiver that came with the keyboard to each machine.

Ummm.  That's not what I asked.  The lite-on keyboard contains
extra "multimedia" keys, such as volume keys, music player control
keys and so on.   Those keys, like any other keys, send sequences
to the lite-on's IR receiver, nothing to do with LIRC.

However, to use those keys, you need to define mappings for them,
using hotkeys or similar tools, and then once you have defined them,
you would put in keyboard mappings into myth so the volume key would
increase volume etc.

I just wondered if somebody had already made up the mapping table,
that's all.  Not sure what you're referring to above.