[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:07:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:40:15 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> > > I'm not aware of any reason why it wouldn't, but I haven't yet grouped my
> > > 150 or 500 with other ivtv cards (besides each other, which works fine).
> >
> > I'll be able to test this in a few weeks when my new 500 gets here. :)
>
> I'll try to beat you to it. My PVR-250 is sitting on my desk right now,
> completely unused at the moment, along with a pair of M179s...

Jarod, any luck (or even time to try) running the 250 alongside the
500?  I'm still waiting for my 500 to ship so I'm not able to do any
testing yet.  Also, as an aside, I downloaded the latest ivtv-0.3
driver and am not able to compile it on my system running FC1 on
2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.at kernel from atrpms.  I know I need to
pose this question on the ivtv list, but I thought someone might know
offhand why that driver wouldn't compile.  I'm betting there's
something (module, patch, etc) that's not included in that kernel that
I need.

I know I need to upgrade my FC1 box to FC3, but I've been putting that
off until I absolutely have to.  Of course, if I need FC3 to install
the latest ivtv drivers then I guess it's time to do that.

Brad