[mythtv-users] Frontend on a slave backend

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Wed Mar 23 04:34:16 UTC 2005

Host A runs the master backend, mysql, and NFS.
Host B runs a slave frontend and the main frontend.

I noticed looking at the slave backend logs, the frontend
process is connecting to it, not the master backend host.
Is this correct?  If not what do I do to change it.

In the Host B setup, I have specified the correct
ip address for the master, and use the hosts
real ip address in the top field (not 127.0.0.1).
I'm wondering if I should specify the ip address of
the master backend instead???

A second frontend host "C" only runs a frontend
on rare occasions and it will connect to the master
directly.

Brian