[mythtv-users] OT: damaged header on xvid/mpeg4 file...how to fix?

anders smith 4nders at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:54:28 UTC 2005

I have a couple of startrek enterprise in hdtv format compressed with
XVID (mpeg4) in an .AVI container that won't play on my mythbox, but
plays nicely on my winxp laptop using mplayer....it was edited with
VirtualDub acording to mplayer.

The playback on my myth box stops and it start rebuilding the index
...which takes forever. After rebuilding it stil won't play. I'm using
xine on a softmodded xbox via an nfs mounted volumen from the backend.

On the laptop it play but I can see in the command window that it
complains about damaged headers a few times..

Any idea what might be wrong or how I can fix it?

thanks
anders