[mythtv-users] MSI NVidia Personal Cinema FX5200

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Mar 23 10:54:53 UTC 2005

>>> jarod at wilsonet.com 03/23/05 3:39 AM >>>
On Tuesday 22 March 2005 19:04, Craig Thomas wrote:
>> Jarod and all:
>>
>> Whenever I try altering my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file like laid
>> out on the Jarod's website and also in some previous posts
>> about FX 5200's, it will not go into X.  It simply comes up with
>> the text login and then says that X cannot start with the video
>> driver and if I want to show messages.  Then it lets me choose
>> the generic drivers and I am back to where I started.  I am
>> trying to get this setup; not even worrying about the capture part
>> yet.
>
>Would that be the 7167 driver, by chance? There's been a multitude
> of problems with it... :-\ On the up side, there are quite a few
fixes
> floating about, several have been discussed on the atrpms-users
> list, a few here, and a bunch in nVidia's forums.

I'd just like to pass on that I've got an FX5200 plus, running the
7167 drivers, 2.6.10-1.770_FC2 and the 0.17 release without
a hitch so far.  I upgraded from 6111 a while ago, didn't
have any issues, then a couple nights later upgraded
to 0.17 from 0.16 (release via atrpms) and fortunately
haven't had any problems so far.

Paul