[mythtv-users] View all upcoming movies without duplicates?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed Mar 23 20:52:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:23:26AM -0500, Dan Wilga wrote:
> As we all know, movie channels like to show the same film over and
> over. As it stands, Myth's Movies listing is huge, because is shows
> the same films many times. Finding movies I'd like to record takes a
> really long time, because of all the duplicates.
>
> What I'd like to be able to do is see all upcoming movies, but not
> list the same title more than once. Ideally, when I click on a title,
> I would be able to see all upcoming showings of that movie, and
> choose which one to record.
>
> I can't see any way to do this with either the Movies or Advanced
> listings. Am I missing something, or is it not currently possible?

Such a patch was provided to MythWeb some time ago, I believe it was
going to be integrated.   The patch didn't quite do what you want as
it would group all the showings together to give a list of times.  Also
showings on different channels were done independently because (especially
in the case of digital TV vs. regular) you proabably have a preference.