[mythtv-users] Cheap GeForce4 MX 440

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:40:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:28:25 -0600, Stimpy <ryan.blanks at gmail.com> wrote:
> For anyone looking to make the switch to a Nvidia card for their Myth
> system, TigerDirect has a MX 440 for $19.99 after rebate.  Pretty easy
> on the wallet if you ask me, and maybe worth having around for a
> backup or for building that remote frontend you've been thinking
> about!

Anybody thinking about getting one of these should keep in mind that a
significant number of people (including myself) have had problems with
the MX 440 and Nvidia's more recent driver versions. Unless you're
really trying hard to save the money, my recommendation would be to
shell out the extra $30 or so and get at least a 5200.

Shawn Asmussen