[mythtv-users] Via EPIA Xv Motion Compensation

Örn Einar Hansen orn_hansen at thalamus.nu
Thu Mar 24 17:38:52 UTC 2005

Şann Fimmtudagur 24 mars 2005 15:49 skrifaği Ivor Hewitt:

> RTFM:
>
> mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc <path to movie>
>
> :-)
  Outstanding!  Thanks ... now I'm seeing less than 20% CPU usage when playing
a movie.  At least, it's clear at this point ... that it's not the XvMC that
is failing ... it's MythTV that is.

  The question is now ... why.  I'm going to "recompile" MythTV with some
changed parameters, to see if that helps.  I have changed the XvMC
environment, after building MythTV ... not that is should matter :-( but then
I've taken that out of the equation.

The settings, that I see being relevant in MythTV are:

Use libmpeg for decoding -> false
Use Xv for picture control -> false
Use XvMC                          -> true
Use VLD XvMC                  -> true