[mythtv-users] Problems adding second capture card to mythtv

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 02:43:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 20:10, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> For the past couple of weeks I have been having great success running a
> mythtv system with a single PVR-350 card.
>
> Today I tried to add a second capture card, a PVR-250MCE, and have run
> into some problems.

To add a little more information to the problem I seem to have created
for myself I used to get the audio out from the PVR350 card.  Currently
audio out is coming from the mother boards on board sound system.

Going back through the guide I can't seem to find any reference to
getting audio working through the PVR-350's outputs.  I would have
thought that if the 350's decoder was being used that the audio would be
going out the 350's connections instead of the on board sound chips.

Does the order of the cards in the system make a difference?  The new
PVR-250 seems to be video0 now and the PVR-350 is video1.

BTW: x windows is going out the PVR-350 outputs just fine.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.  I really do
want to get the second encoder card working.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
		-- Sam Brown, "The Washington Post", January 26, 1977