[mythtv-users] problem: visible slanting lines on tv screen (PAL PVR350) with new ivtv X11 driver

Teus Hagen teus at theus.nlnet.nl
Fri Mar 25 10:50:01 UTC 2005

Running PVR350 with ivtv 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel driver and it shows now
visible slanting horizontal lines across the PAL TV screen.
It runs with X11 with option fbdev /dev/fb1 driver: ivtvdev

I  not sure what caused this to happen with the newer ivtv kernel driver
and what
I have to change e.g. on my /etc/xorg.conf setup. This is what it is now:
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "PAL Monitor"   # PAL
    DisplaySize  720 574        # PAL  DDC should set these
    HorizSync  30-70            # PAL
    VertRefresh 50-87           # PAL
    Mode "720x576"              # PAL
      DotClock 42.6             # PAL
      HTimings 720 760 832 944  # PAL
      VTimings 576 577 580 602  # PAL
      Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
    EndMode
EndSection

Any idea what to change to get these line invisible on the TV screen?

Probably this question needs to be directed to the ivtv emaillist.

Thanks
teus