[mythtv-users] Extremely High CPU with Live TV - Myth 0.17

Jeff_Logica jeff_logica at e-mailanywhere.com
Fri Mar 25 12:02:10 UTC 2005

I have tried with XV enabled and disabled, it doesn't seem to make any
difference.  Over the last few days I have also been trying with a separate
backend & frontend.  When watching live or recorded tv via a remote frontend
the backend usage stays down around 3-4%.  the remote front end however is
up around the 90% mark.  So whatever I am messing up in the settings, I'm
doing it repeatedly on different setups.

I'm just following the documentation on the MythTV website whilst
compiling/installing MythTV, so not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff.

<avarakin at optonline.net> wrote.
>Hmm, something is wrong with your setup. I am getting similar numbers on my
P3
>677Mhz mythtv server. Do you have xv enabled?
>
>On Thursday 24 March 2005 06:28, Jeff_Logica wrote:
>> I have been following the forum for some time, and have been very
>> interested in peoples cpu loads.  I have searched the forum and
triedgetting
>> everything listed with no luck.  I have a combined Frontend/Backend
system.
>>  I was able to watch Picture in Picture with some chop back in Myth 0.15,
>> but it has got progressivly worse with each upgrade.  I believe, based on
>> other peoples results, that I have messed a setting up, but for the life
of
>> me can not find which one(s).  I have not yet attempted to try watching
HD
>> TV, this is all based on SD Digital (Australia).  I am really interested
in
>> getting this sorted,as I'm hoping to build an XBox Frontend over the next
>> few weeks, but obviously don't want it to suffer the same problems.  I
have
>> tried the different DeInterlace, etc settings to no avail.
>>
>> The CPU Load, as shown by kcpuload is
>> When idle  0>> Recording 1 Card 2-3>> Recording 2 Card 4-6>> Watching
Live/Record TV 86-90>> Watching Live TV   PIP 93-96Very stuttery)
>> Watching Live TV   Recording 90-96>> Watching Video (Mostly DivX 5)
(MythVideo calling MPlayer) 10-19>>