[mythtv-users] DVD Playback Problem

Jeff_Logica jeff_logica at e-mailanywhere.com
Fri Mar 25 12:33:37 UTC 2005

>On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:08:06 -0000 "Dave Ansell" <dave at theansells.com>
wrote.
>Hi,
>      I am trying to get DVD playback to work on my myth frontend.
>
>      With the DVD I am using to test it will play the 30ish seconds of
>intro, copyright info, etc and then it stops.      I am using the default
>mplayer command.
>
>     When I run it directly from an xterm the same happens with the mesage
-
><end of file>
>     In the mplayer blurb it tells me there are 11 titles, 1 chapter and 1
>angle if that is relevant.
>
>     What do I need to do to make it play the whole DVD ?
>
>thanks,
>Dave

Dave, I believ that is an issue with the way mplayer handles DVD's.  Xine
seems to play DVD's fine, but I've had the same issue as I use mplayer.
This is document on the mplayer web site.  My work around is to go into the
DVD Ripping section of MythTV, and select the title I want to play, and play
it from there.  Not as nice as straight through the menu, but it works.

HTH,
Jeff.