[mythtv-users] Pluto

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Fri Mar 25 16:03:35 UTC 2005

John Williams wrote:

> Yeah, Me too. WOW.

Risking sounding like an AOL n00b; Me too!

This bit sounded especially nice:

"
Name  	Language  	Platform  	License
Myth-TV 	C++ 	Linux 	GPL
This is a new plug-in. The retail version of Pluto uses our own in-house
PVR solution. At the time we began, MythTV was in its infancy, so we
made our own solution in-house. Pluto's own PVR solution has some
features not found in MythTV, such as it's ability to pipe live preview
windows of the channel viewing history to the Orbiter. Since the MythTV
project seems to have quite a bit of momentum, we will migrate to MythTV
and make our own enhancement available for inclusion in MythTV.
"

I noticed one of them mentioning Pluto making a blackbird driver the
other day, anyone heard anything else from them? Who are these people -
benevolent aliens from outer space?

     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
   / http://www.webhackande.se/