[mythtv-users] pvr150 or pvr500

A. Heinen alan.heinen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:57:31 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:50:53 -0600, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:46:03 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 March 2005 14:00, Andrew Close wrote:
> > > i'm semi-hijacking this thread. ;)
> > >
> > > has anyone been able to get either of these cards to work fairly
> > > reliably[1] with KnoppMyth[2]?
> >
> > I did the bulk of my development work on my PVR-150 and 500 on a Debian box
> > (mix of testing and unstable, 2.6.10 and .11 kernels), so there's no reason I
> > know of that it shouldn't work w/KnoppMyth.
>
> cool! thanks for the reply Jarod.  i'll have to look into picking up a
> 500 when the wife isn't looking. ;)

I am running very reliably with a PVR-150.   I put some notes for the
PVR-150 on the KnoppMythWiki for Knoppmyth R5.  They may be a good
starting point for getting a PVR-500 going.  I used Jarod's and others
instructions from the IVTV lists for the configuration.  Please add
your notes when you get the PVR-500 working.