[mythtv-users] apt-get install ivtv dependency issue w/ latest kernel FC2

Mike McLaughlin emailgeek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 00:27:15 UTC 2005

3 reasons

1) I am fairly comfortable with FC2 and have used it in a production
evironment.
2) I didn't like that FC3 had an installer issue with KDE ..where you
have to do a switchdesk KDE to make it work.
3) I didn't like that devices were now stored in /udev for a plug and
play appearance.  I have also heard that there is issues with /udev not
working properly.

I did try installing FC3 and did notice my PVR-250 was not being
properly recognized and would only show up after I did a
vm.min_free_kbytes=16384 to my syscntrl.conf.  Even after reboot it
wouldn't show up.

I know I am probably acting paranoid but I figured FC2 has been around
awhile and so has MythTV.  Thought it would be a seamless install.