[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv playback problem with NVIDIA videoacceleration - HELP!

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Mar 26 09:38:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 02:31:02PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > Mar 25 23:09:39 mythtv kernel: NVRM: client does not support versioning!!
> > > Mar 25 23:09:39 mythtv kernel: NVRM:    aborting to avoid catastrophe!
>
> On Friday 25 March 2005 13:38, John Sturgeon wrote:
> > Wow... I was going to post the same exact error.  When I turned on
> > verbose messages from mythfrontend, I get this:
> >
> > Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module is version 0.7167.0, but
> > this library is version 1.0.6629. Please be sure that your kernel
> > module and all NVIDIA driver files have the same driver version.
> > Unable to create XvMC Context return status:11 BadAlloc
>
> The ATrpms Myth package XvMC support is built against the 6629 nvidia driver,
> looks like they need to be rebuilt for 7167, which will in turn will probably
> break XvMC for those still using 6629, but such is life...

I don't think this is compile time related, but runtime. Please use
nvidia-graphics-switch to get your libraries in sync with your
modules.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net