[mythtv-users] apt-get install ivtv dependency issue w/ latest kernel FC2

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 27 06:20:59 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 15:28, Mike McLaughlin wrote:
> I am currently installing FC2 and MythTV according to Jarod's HOW-TO
> guide.  I have reached a point after installing the 2.6.10-1.770_FC2
> kernel, Nvidia kmdl and now trying to install ivtv.
>
> I have ran the following commands with no problems:
>
> #apt-get install ivtv-firmware
> #apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-2.6.10-1.770_FC2
>
> When I go to run this command I get the following dependency error:
> # apt-get install ivtv
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   ivtv: Depends: ivtv-kmdl-1:0.2.0-66_rc3i.rhfc2.at but it is not
> installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this so I can get it to install
> ivtv?

An updated build by Axel will fix the issue. Not sure if its already been
pushed out or not. The Makefile for ivtv recently changed, which caused a few
things to go haywire in the ATrpms build.

So just wait a bit, then apt-get update and try installing again.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...