[mythtv-users] Extremely High CPU with Live TV - Myth 0.17

Jeff_Logica jeff_logica at e-mailanywhere.com
Sun Mar 27 06:44:19 UTC 2005

I have tried with all of the available deinterlace settings, but usually
have it turned off.  It doens't seem to make much (any) different whether
deinterlaced is turned on or off.

I don't think I've used any filters. (never known what to put in the Custom
Filters box).  I also do not run any transcoding/commercial flagging etc.

Jeff.

<avarakin at optonline.net> wrote.
>Do you use interlacing or any filters for playback?
>
>On Friday 25 March 2005 07:02, Jeff_Logica wrote:
>> I have tried with XV enabled and disabled, it doesn't seem to make any
>> difference.  Over the last few days I have also been trying with a
separate
>> backend & frontend.  When watching live or recorded tv via a remote
>> frontend the backend usage stays down around 3-4 the remote front end
>> however is up around the 90ark.  So whatever I am messing up in the
>> settings, I'm doing it repeatedly on different setups.
>>
>> I'm just following the documentation on the MythTV website whilst
>> compiling/installing MythTV, so not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff.
>>
>> >On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:43:29 -0500 Alexander Varakin
>>
>> <avarakin at optonline.net> wrote.
>>
>> >Hmm, something is wrong with your setup. I am getting similar numbers on
>> > my
>>
>> P3
>>
>> >677Mhz mythtv server. Do you have xv enabled?

>> triedgetting

>> system.

>> of

>> HD

>> in

>> have

>> Live/Record TV 86-90>> Watching Live TV   PIP 93-96Very stuttery)

>> (MythVideo calling MPlayer) 10-19>>

>> based

MythTV,