[mythtv-users] DCT-6200 w/ FireWire -- Looking for Input..

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 08:01:07 UTC 2005

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>Not necessarily true. Axel and I added FireWire support to the ATrpms Myth
>builds a while ago.

Cool.  I never saw anything here about it, so I didn't know.  Sounds
like I may need to rebuild again, as I'd rather use the rpms than build
via CVS, if possible.

>You're going about this incorrectly. Everything works perfectly on my box
>without a thing in rc.local. For the device node, this...
>
>mknod /etc/udev/devices/raw1394 c 171 0
>
>...will take care of recreating the device node on restarts.
>
>To get the right modules loaded, I just have only these two lines in
>modprobe.conf:
>
>alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
>install ohci1394 /sbin/modprobe raw1394; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
>ohci1394
>
>And that's it.

Again, this is the first I've seen this, and I'm glad to see it!
Considering the volume of the mailing list, I don't have time to check
other sources, so if this was previously announced elsewhere, I'm sorry
I missed it.  If there is another source other than this list where
things like this get announced, I'd love to be clued in as to where it
is.  I only check your guide when it is time to reinstall, which
unfortunately for me is too often, as I never feel I have it "right" and
it usually seems easier to reinstall than fix what I've messed up.

Thanks for the great info!

Jeff.