[mythtv-users] How well does commercial detection work?

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Sun Mar 27 19:04:00 UTC 2005

SpikeyGG wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm wondering how well everyone else's commercial detection is working?
> From what I've seen it seems like it gives me the basic jist of where a
> commercial IS and I go in and set the breakpoints to where the
> commercial really starts and stops.  However, I noticed from a recent
> recording of American Idol the breaks get further and further apart as
> the program continues.  Here's what I've found:
> Using default, blank frame detection.
> Does anyone have the commercial detection working flawlessly (or is that
> not possible)?
>
> Thanks,
> -Greg

Well, this is still pre 1.0 software.  I dont think flawless is going to
happen any time soon.  Pretty damn well? Yup, Ive got that.  Only a
couple HD shows get screwy, Alias and Lost off the top of my head.  SD
shows are spot on except for maybe a sec or two.  I have to say tho,
about 90-95% of the time, commflagg works fine for me using the Blank
Frame Detection.

Tom