[mythtv-users] audio pitch to weirdness on channel change

Felix Huttmann felix.huttmann at web.de
Sun Mar 27 22:55:51 UTC 2005

hi
I have yet another problem. sometimes, when I change the channel in
livetv, audio becomes very high pitch (minnie mouse voices) or very low
pitch (monster-like) or sometimes stays / becomes normal again. I have
not yet noticed this in recordings. I then have to exit live tv and
enter again and everything is normal again.

when I adjust playback speed with 'a' the audio still sounds the same.
A/V stay in sync all the time.

my setup:
- fedora core 3 with atrpms's mythtv-suite but I have noticed this with
debian/packages, too, both on the same system
- my soundcard is snd-cmipci (cmi83??) but it's the same with snd-es1938
(ess solo-1)
- k7 1700+ , 768 mb ram, nforce2 ( but the onboard sound is disabled )
- DVB with skystar2 2.6c
- the problem occurs on all channels.

I hope I could descibe the problem properly. thanks for answers.