[mythtv-users] How well does commercial detection work?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 28 01:20:39 UTC 2005

> Well, this is still pre 1.0 software.  I dont think flawless is going to
> happen any time soon.  Pretty damn well? Yup, Ive got that.  Only a
> couple HD shows get screwy, Alias and Lost off the top of my head.  SD

Well, I record Lost regularly and just started recording Alias a week or two
ago in order to test with that also, so hopefully I'll be able to figure out
what's going on with these.  Don't expect anything before 0.18 though,
because I don't want to make any detection changes that could make detection
worse for other cases.

> shows are spot on except for maybe a sec or two.  I have to say tho,
> about 90-95% of the time, commflagg works fine for me using the Blank
> Frame Detection.

For a lot of shows, blank frame works great, probably even 100% for some
shows.  It has been shown to have a hard time with dark shows including
the Law & Order type series.  I personally use the All method and have
AutoSkip Off.

--

Chris