[mythtv-users] Tivo as backend

Griffon -- bushibot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 05:24:36 UTC 2005

Well, personally I would love to have my HD Tivo integrate with Myth.
That would give me 2 HD OTA and 2 HD Sat tuners able to do direct hard
drive writes. If the TV recordings showed up directly in my MythTv
with maybe little Tivo icons on them or something then the wife could
hit everything in one place and never have to switch the TV input :).
Personally I could a lot cool things with this idea at least as far as
D*TV goes. I would hack my HD Tivo in a second if I thought I could
have slick integration and truly centralize all my music vids and TV
from one UI. One of the most frustrating things aboute D*TV is they
make it point to keep any type of nice Tivo feature of upate as far
away from their customers as possible (control freaks I guess).

-Griffon

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:50:48 -0800, M. Barnabas Luntzel
<mark at luntzel.com> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Rob Walker wrote:
>
> > Has anyone figured out how to point their front end to a Tivo box?
> >
> > I was thinking that we could get a lot of the listings via the web
> > interface,
> > and then use the mplayer which can play the tmf files.
> >
> > thanks,
> > rob
> >

> huh?
>
> tivo is a closed system...I guess something might be possible with a
> modified series 1.
>
> But I can't for the life of me figure out why anybody with a mythtv
> system would want to do this. Did I miss something?

-Griffon