[mythtv-users] Mysqld won't start after system freeze
pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Mar 29 13:52:02 UTC 2005
So I was happily trying to get nuvexport working last night
when the system went nresponsive. Went to look at it and
the hard disk light was solid red. No response from the console
or via the three ssh sessions I had myself logged into.
I tried getting in via webmin, no luck there either. Waited until
this morning to see if some process had hung, but I was still
in the same situation. So, I powered the machine off. Hated to
do it, but I didn't see any other option.
So now when I start up the machine, I've got a few problems...
I noticed mysqld (FC2/MythTV 0.17, Jarod's guide) was failing to
Checked everything I could find:
1. service mysqld stop (failed, because it wasn't running)
2. rm -f /var/lock/subsys/mysqld (or something like that)
3. service mysqld start (failed):
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL: [FAILED]
4. Nothing has changed on the system, so I'm guessing
the mysql db is corrupt somehow.
5. Just for kicks, changed the /etc/init.d/mysqld script
to use mythtv for the mysqladmin ping check. Still
More information about the mythtv-users