[mythtv-users] Anyone using Gentoo 2005.0 yet ?

Anthony Relle anthony at relle.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 20:21:56 UTC 2005

Try this for size:

echo "media-tv/mythtv ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

This enables mythtv 0.17, currently in the 'unstable' (new) section of
gentoo portage

You can then emerge as normal,

emerge -av mythtv

This might not work for you, but it works on my system, so correct me at
will!

Also useful:
echo "www-apps/mythweb ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
echo "media-plugins/mythdvd" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

Etc.

No need for a new emerge sync if you have done that recently

Disclaimer: I have:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/etc/portage
In my /etc/make.conf file.

--