[mythtv-users] ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

Matt Lutz lutz7755 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 22:46:14 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a while, and just set up myth for the first time this weekend.  I ran into a few problems that I was able to overcome, but I'm stuck now with this one thing.  I have a laptop (P4 2Ghz) that I wanted to use as a frontend.  The problem is that I can't seem to get it to play any video, I just get a blue screen.  When I ran myth and set the environment variable to disable xv, it "worked" but the picture was real sloppy.  Is there a possibility that my ATI Mobility graphics card simply doesn't support it, or have I installed it wrong?  I'm running Fedora 3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh - I tried installing the gatos drivers, but now X won't come up at all.  I'm going to try and re-install X later today.  I'm not sure if that means the drivers simply aren't compatible, or if I just did it wrong.

thanks a lot.
Matt

http://mail.yahoo.com