[mythtv-users] Can't see slave card in master

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 30 05:19:30 UTC 2005

> I have an xbox frontend and a master backend with two tuner cards
> working just fine.
>
> Last night, I added a Slave Backend with another card in it - but I
> can't see the third card from the Master Backend.
>
> The card in the slave is working fine - I have set it up in mythtvsetup,
> and tuned all the channels and can watch liveTV with it - it connects to
> the Master Backend no problems, and the Master Backend accepts the
> connection.

You don't have to add the card in the slave backend to the setup program
on the master backend.  If you can Watch LiveTV and know it's using
the new card, then everything is working correctly, recordings will
use it if you have 3 things recording at the same time.  You only add
the card in the setup program on the backend the card is physically in.

--

Chris