[mythtv-users] Getting mythtranscode to work with MP3 audio

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 30 16:55:46 UTC 2005

> > | Am Sonntag, 20. Mdrz 2005 09:12 schrieb David Morrison: | |>
> > Chris Pinkham wrote: |> |>>>> See if you get the same result as the
> > user in that post. |>>>> If you do get 252 printed, you can try
> > changing the 0xfb to |>>>> 0xfc as he mentioned to see if it works.
> > If it does, |>>>> report back here and we can get the code fixed up
> > to allow |>>>> both. |>>> |>>> It printed 252. |>>> |>>> Don't you
> > mean 0xfd? I changed the 0xfd to 0xfc |>> |>> Don't remember, I

What kind of a quote is that?

> Did anyone manage to take a look into this?

Not in detail yet. It appears to be related to both ac3 and mp3
audio though, so you're not alone.  The quick fix it to not use the
-i option to mythtranscode, and instead use the -c and -s options to
specify a chanid and starttime (in "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS" format I
believe).  There is a different codepath if you use the -i option
for some reason and I'm not sure why (I didn't write mythtranscode,
I've just been maintaining it lately).

--

Chris